This Charming 1931 One-Owner Portland Home is Staged and Sold!
Recently we had the privilege of staging a 1931 home in Portland OR that has been in the same family since it was built. This English Tudor-style home is a gem, full of original charm and lots of character! When I first saw it, nearly every item in the home was original, including the carpeting that covered much of the hardwood flooring.
This Portland home was on the market for several months, but no offers were made; the feedback the sellers received was that potential buyers couldn’t “see” past the home’s dated look. The sellers then contacted me for a home staging consultation for advice on how to make the home more appealing to potential buyers. The home was taken off the market and all of the furnishings were removed, followed by painting and some easy updates that would offer a good ROI.
Room Solutions Staging then brought in furnishings that would appeal to the target buyer of this home, which is in a thriving neighborhood just across from a popular park. The result? This home went under contract in just two days!
Here are some Before and After photos that show this home’s cost-effective transformation, which included:
- the hardwood floors were revealed under the carpeting that had been in place for 82 years
- warm paint colors highlighted the home’s architectural details
- Wallpaper was removed
- tall shrubbery was trimmed back from the windows to let in more light
- all spaces were maximized with staging
Living Room Before Staging
Dining Room Before Staging
Bedroom Before Staging
Once the beauty of the house itself was revealed, buyer feedback and excitement immediately followed, and the home sold in just two days, after lingering on the market without staging for a few months.
Remember the “magic” formula for selling your home in Portland Oregon:
- Make sure the house is priced right
- Hire an expert listing agent to market your home
- Get expert staging advice to make sure that your home looks appealing to your target buyer