Home Sellers: Questions to Ask your Home Stager Before you Hire Them
SELLERS: SOME GOOD QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR HOME STAGING COMPANY
When you’re comparing home staging proposals, here are some questions to consider asking so that you can be confident you’re selecting the company that’s best for your project:
- Is the home staging company registered in the City they’re based in and fully insured for liability in the event of property damage while on your premises? Will they provide a copy of their insurance coverage to you?
- Does the staging company’s pricing proposal include staging the same number of rooms as your other proposals — so that you can compare apples to apples? Do they partially stage with “vignettes” only, or do they offer full staging with coordinated furnishings and accessories?
- Did they show you examples and photos of their actual work, and not just stock photos of the company they trained with (or photos they found on the internet)?
- Does the staging company provide top-quality digital photos for your agent to use online, as well as for flyers?
- Are they an established professional staging company with a good website? How long have they been in business? Does local media include them in articles, interviews & film clips?
- Does the staging company include periodic visits to the property to check on the staging as part of their service?
- Does the staging company accept credit cards?
- What training and professional affiliations does the home staging designer have? Are they a full time home stager?
- Does the staging company provide photos of their recent staging projects?
- Does the staging company give you local clients’ references and testimonials?
- Does the staging company require a 3-month or longer rental minimum? (you may prefer a shorter time frame)
Because home staging is not yet a regulated industry, there are misconceptions about how it should be done as well as how to hire a good home stager. If you ask these questions of the stagers you’re considering for your project, you’ll be able to determine who’s best for you.
*** *** ***
Room Solutions Staging in Portland OR helps homeowners, builders, investors, banks & Realtors prepare their properties with a full menu of home staging services to make them appealing to your target buyer. For a complimentary home staging proposal call us @ 503-246-1800.